With the customization that we have done until now, the website is getting better, but it is still not ready to sell products yet.
To be able to sell products, we need to install an e-commerce plugin.
WooCommerce is a free and popular plugin, let’s add it.
1. Click on Plugins > Add New, on the search bar type “WooCommerce”.
2. Install it and activate it.
3. When activated, WooCommerce will need to be configured. Fill in all the required information: Location of the store, address, currency, whether you sell digital or physical products. Payment, shipping fees.
After completing the configuration, the site becomes ready to sell products.
Here’s how to add products to the store:
1. Hover your cursor over Products, and then Add New.
2. Add your product information: Title, description, price, category, featured images…etc.
3. Click Publish.
If you want your shop on the homepage, do this:
1. Hover your cursor over Settings, and then click on Reading.
2. Set Homepage as Shop.
3. Set Posts page as Blog.
3. Click Save Changes.
The website is now complete and ready to sell products.